Hey there! In this blog, we’ll dig a little deeper into the why’s and how’s of your most commonly asked questions.
1. How do I take calocurb?
The short answer – however you like! Unlike most supplements, there is no set time of day to take calocurb.
The most important guidelines to remember are:
- Take one calocurb capsule 45 minutes to an hour before meals.
- Only take one calocurb capsule at a time and a maximum of two across the day.
Picking the right time of day to take calocurb is important. We often hear about customers taking calocurb at around 11am to help manage portion sizes at lunchtime. Others take calocurb at 2pm for support with managing afternoon snacking. A calocurb at around 5pm can help manage dinner portions. Some even take it after dinner to help with evening sweet-treat snacking.
Our advice - give some thought to your daily routine. When do you most need some support making healthy food choices?
Are you the one in the office with a bag of chocolates in your desk that come out at 3pm? Or a pre-dinner chips and cookie lover? Do you worry about overeating at dinner time? Or does dessert only finish when the cookies are gone?
Everyone’s food challenges are a little different and will change from day-to-day – be open to experimenting with taking calocurb at different times to find out when works best for you.
2. Are there side effects of taking calocurb?
The majority of people who take calocurb won’t experience any side effects at all.
That said, all individuals are different in their physiological response to calocurb’s hops flower extract.
For customers experiencing side effects, generally these steadily reduce the longer they take calocurb. It can just take the body a little time to adjust to regular doses of the extract - even if it is plant based and all natural.
For those whom calocurb just isn’t a good fit - we of course offer a 30-day money back guarantee, no questions asked.
To understand why some people experience side effects, it helps to know a bit about the science behind calocurb.
In our world of on-the-go everything, it’s easy to forget that, physiologically, we're not that different from early humans. We’re driven by the same instinctive drive for sugars, salts and fats, and in the case of calocurb, share the same response to bitter foods.
Calocurb's key ingredient is a hops flower extract recognised for it's bitterness. It's hops flowers (the same ones in your beer!) that are both the breakthrough behind calocurb and the cause of mild side effects in some people.
The body's first reaction to bitterness is one everyone knows – taste. But bitter foods (particularly those high in alpha acids) also react with the digestive system. Our gut can sense bitter foods and even trigger a feeling of fullness to help manage food intake. Calocurb uses a patented capsule designed to release it's bitter contents in just the right spot (on the other side of the stomach), activating this feeling of fullness and reducing your calorie intake.
It’s this physiological response to bitterness that makes calocurb a great tool for helping manage cravings and meal portions.
That said, bitter foods can also cause mild side effects. These are generally associated with a laxative effect and can include:
- Increased wind
- Stomach irritation
- Loose or more frequent bowel movements
If you are experiencing any of these, rest assured, they’re normal reactions. They are generally on the milder side but can be uncomfortable or painful in some people – if that’s you, think about consulting your doctor.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind if you are experiencing any side effects:
- Stick to the recommended guidelines – no more than one calocurb capsule at a time. Better yet, start slow with only one capsule a day.
- To start with, avoid taking calocurb on a completely empty stomach. Maybe try it in the afternoon to cut down on pre-dinner snacking? Taking calocurb with a small amount of food will help your body get used to the hops flower extract faster.
We have seen a fantastic response to calocurb so far, but we know it’s not for everyone. In most cases any mild side effects will disappear over a few days. If not, that’s ok too! Get in touch with us and let’s talk.
3. Why do I have to buy a subscription? I just want a one-off purchase...
We’ve chosen to conveniently send your calocurb to you each month because:
- Our research showed that most people start a new health and wellbeing routine with a bang, but soon drop back into old habits. A recurring subscription of calocurb is designed to help you stay on target with your diet, fitness and healthy routines and guard against any YoYo dieting.
- We also wanted to streamline how customers order and receive their supply of calocurb. Our subscription system helps keep operational costs like packaging at a minimum, cost savings we can pass on to you.
We get it though – we’re e-commerce customers too. Our planning meetings were full of stories of cut-up credit cards to avoid locked-in subscriptions!! Rest assured we are here for you.
We built the customer dashboard to make pausing, skipping or cancelling as easy as possible – you can make these changes through your account dashboard at any time, no questions asked.