Cilantro lime chicken and brown rice
- 2 and 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 kg chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lime zested and juiced
1. In a large pan or pot with enough depth to hold all the ingredients, cook the chicken broth for 2 minutes, then add in the cubed chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add in the brown rice, salt, 1/4 cup of the cilantro, lime zest, and lime juice.
3. Cook on high, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender and cooked through. Remove from heat and stir in remaining cilantro. Serve and enjoy.